Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday Already?

I've been working, coming home, playing with the boys, going to sleep all week. Not too much excitement except for the strange guy that came to the door Tuesday night asking for gas money to get back to Waldorf or Fredneckville or something like that. He seemed to actually have a car parked on the street and had a real hard time telling the story of being screwed out of $200 for some job he did and how the gas station wouldn't lend him 10 bucks for gas to get home. I gave him $7 because that's what I had in a drawer downstairs and he seemed to have had a compact car that would get him 60 or 80 miles away from me and hopefully home. We set the alarm right after that.

Actually, he seemed real nice but a little confused. I was hoping he wasn't going to ask for a ride somewhere like some random guy did to my parents a few decades ago. My dad actually got up in the middle of the night and drove this guy across town to his home. I don't think anyone ever figured out how he got to our little suburban neighborhood but that was the 70's in Minnesota. Today is a different story and I'm not sure I could have taken him anywhere. We just don't have that small town feel in DC.

I'm playing golf tomorrow if the weather holds. It's suppose to be 75 and partly cloudy with a shower here and there. Should be good.

1 comment:

Kumie said...

It's raining buddy boy. That's a shame.