Saturday, April 08, 2006

Good Start to the Golf Year

I played a full 18 holes yesterday with Modean, Wacky Dave and McDonkey. The weather was looking a little bleak when we started but the sun was out by the 5th hole and I was doing ok with some early round putting problems. I birdied the second hole, a long par five and birbied a par 3 on the back side. We played at Timbers at Troy which I've played many times and it has always kicked my butt. Something about the fairways sloping quite a bit causes me to find the woods a little too often. I didn't have that problem yesterday and came out with a ten over par 82. Probably seven strokes better than my previous best there and 10 better than average. Not bad for my first 18 holes in 2006. Last week I only played 9 holes on a fairly short course.

It's been raining all day here but we needed the moisture. We plan on hitting the train museum in Baltimore in the AM. It's suppose to be a fantastic spot and not a long drive. I should have a bunch of pictures.

No comments: