Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ouch!

We went to get the new momma car today at Sheehy Honda and it turned out to be really painful. Not only did they "mis-quote" the residual and money factor, we ended up spending two hours in that pathetic dealership. We ended up going home with the car but if I had more time to spend shopping and we didn't have to have it taken care of by next Thursday, (and I'm gone most of the rest of the week) I would have walked away. Basically, I got the same deal another dealer offered yesterday and basically what a couple people quoted me on the Internet.

I went back to Sheehy because I had a good experience last time and they had a slightly better deal than the others. I'm all about simple buying experiences and if you make it pleasant, I'll buy from you again. Sheehy is dead to me now. The deal ended up costing me a few more hundred dollars and I will NEVER do business with them again. They lost a customer forever for a few hundred dollars. On top of that, they get paid by Honda for positive surveys that they send out after the sale. I have names and examples of poor service, so they can kiss that money goodbye.

It's a really cool car with Navigation, dvd player, rear view camera and all sorts of other techno goodies not to mention all the new safety features to keep the kiddies safe. I just hate that dealership now. If you live in the Northern Virginia area, stay away from Sheehy Honda.

No comments: