Monday, July 24, 2006

I wanna be a cowboy baby


Grandma bought the boys cowboy outfits in Santa Fee a few weeks ago. Here they are sporting the new garb with delight. I don't know why mothers and grandmothers like to see grandsons dressed up like cowboys but the kids sure like it. I used to have cowboy gear when I was the boys age I believe but I never had a horse.

I got home real late last night and I'm dragging today. I was bumped from my original red eye flight from LAX for some reason and my only choices were to get on an earlier 4:45pm flight or take one Monday morning. I didn't like the Monday morning option so I scooted up to LAX and made the 4:45. I missed the beach party but I got back to Virginia around 1am. The beach party would have been fun but I did get a bunch of time to hang with my council friends on Friday and Saturday.

I attended a customer experience council planning meeting on Friday, had dinner with the council board and family on Friday night, went sailing with some council members on Saturday and had dinner with a larger group of council members and some of Phil Terry's high school friends on Saturday night. (Phil is the owner of Creative Good and founder of the Customer Experience Council concept)

All and all it was a good trip and I posted a few photos from it on Flickr. Nothing all that interesting but it gives you a flavor of Oceanside California. http://www.flickr.com/photos/homerclees/sets/72157594210236973/ Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kumie said...

Buried deep in the subconcious of every female is the fantasy that their sons or grandsons will grow up to be gay cowboys.