Friday, April 18, 2008

Movin On

Some of you may know this but my last day at AIA was today. It was a semi-tough thing to do but time to move on to a new organization. My first day at the American Chemical Society is on Monday. I'm going to be leading the Web Strategy and Operations team there and I'm looking forward it.

The AIA gig was great and I'm leaving a lot of people I loved working with and a product I was proud to work on. It's weird leaving a job where you are pretty comfortable and familiar with the surroundings but I got an offer I couldn't refuse. I accepted the offer at ACS a couple weeks ago and have been taking care of all the AIA loose ends until today. I still have a few more things I need to take care of but I also have to get my mind out of the AIA issues and prepared to start thinking about my new responsibilities.

It's scary to think I will be learning to work with a whole new team and organization on Monday morning but very exciting at the same time. So long architecture and hello chemistry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Moving on is always hard, but always worth it in the long run.

Anonymous said...

Again, Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your "first day of school" today! Congrats on the new job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mark. Good things happen to good people! Joan G

lizkdc said...

Kind of symbolic, spring and a whole new challenge! Best luck,