Monday, April 14, 2008

Idyllwild Airport

I was getting ready to head to new york this morning and Dylan asked how I was getting there. I told him I was flying and then asked if I was flying into Idyllwild airport. Now, I'm pretty sure most adults under the age of 60 don't know that jfk used to be called Idyllwild (not sure I'm spelling it right) but how does a 5 year old know this? I thought it was very odd and makes me think there is something to reincarnation. Maybe he used to fly into that airport in a former life.

Anyway, I was running a little late this morning when Sam asked if I could pitch to him outside. I had to make a call and said no, but had a stong urge to take him up on his request. I made my call and looked out the window at the boys hitting and throwing the baseball around with Blanca and decided pitching a few balls to the boys was way more important than packing all the right stuff for my trip.

I ended up playing some ball with them for 20 minutes and when I went back into pack. On the way back inside, the boys both yelled out to me "thanks Dad!" which basically made my day. I threw a lot of stuff in a bag in no particular order and headed out to the airport shortly after. I may look rediculous the next couple days but they do have stores in nyc in case I forgot something and a few more minutes with boys throwing a ball around was priceless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautifully expressed

Anonymous said...

Funny how the really important things rise to the top!! You are GREAT!!!

Unknown said...

Idyllwild Airport was mentioned in probably the funniest Simpsons episode ever: link