Saturday, April 26, 2008

Big Machines

I took the boys down the street to an old estate they have started to rip up to build about 10 new houses. I used to play in construction sites on a regular basis as a child and probably cheated death many times. I actually built a two story clubhouse like structure in the woods near my home with some friends when I was 11 or 12. We stole all the materials from the new home construction in the neighborhood. Anyway, I wanted to show the boys what a construction site looked like and point out all the activity that was taking place to build new homes. They crawled over the machines, the big drainage pipes and piles of rocks. I lost my balance an almost destroyed my camera falling but survived with big gashes on my wrists because I couldn't fall on my hands (because I was holding a camera) I never fell when I was a kid, age and balance, hmmm.

The site being build on is an old plantation like complex a couple blocks from our house. The house itself has to be saved because it's has historic credentials but they will be taking down all the out buildings and barns and things to build 10 new monsters. It will be fun to watch. Out to dinner tonight and no plans tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: