Saturday, March 18, 2006


I also got an extra added bonus for being in the bay area yesterday and today. It turned out that Adam was playing a private show in San Jose. I took a cab down after the reception at Stanford and caught the show with Gil. They were performing for the VON Conference at the Civic Auditorium in San Jose. VON is the Voice Over Network group run by Pulver Media. They obviously have too much money but the crowd of 2000 of so loved the show. The CEO of Pulver Media somehow conviced Adam to allow him to sing Mustang Sally as the last song. He wasn't that bad but it was a little annoying and I'm pretty sure the crowd was not all that impressed. I'm going to bed now... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jeff Pulver said...

Hey Mark,

I also thought the show was great and it was the first time I had a chance to sit down and talk with Adam. Just for the record, VON now stands for "Voice and Video on the Net" and after producing the VON events since 1997, last year I decided to book the Counting Crows to play my party. I wanted to share one of my favoriate bands with the people from the 60+ countries who traveled to San Jose for Spring VON. Glad you were also able to join the 2000+ people attending the party/concert.

As for the person singing Mustang Sally, that was Farrell, not I. But I was on the right side of the stage singing backup.

You are invited to visit my world and my blog at: http://pulverblog.pulver.com.

Best regards, Jeff

Mark said...

Jeff, yes the crows are a great band and I love every performance I see. Thanks for throwing a great party and allowing me to crash. It's always good to see Adam and my father in-law. Tell Farrell that we did a nice job and I'm sure the crowd appreciated it more than I suggested. I was just looking for another CC song.


This was the first time I had heard of VON but got an overview from some random participants after the show. I was impressed to hear that VON has been going for 8 years. Who knew voice on the net was that old?

Also, nice to know you comb the blogs this well.

Best, Mark