Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Long day in New York

I had dinner with Phil Terry from Creative Good and talked about the fundimental shift in the consumer value proposition and traditional marketing. Mass marketing is dead and segmentation is old school. Its all about customer centric delivery of goods and services and its not apparent to the typical marketing exec and even harder to explain.

Anyway, it was good to connect with Phil and get his perspective on my challenges at AARP relate to the rest of the world. I'm having a beer in the theater district right now and thinking about how to move AARP into the 21st century. Phil also suggested the Gramercy Grill for a hot spot for me and Nicole on Friday when Adam, Gil and Linda will be taking care of the kids. Sounds fantastic.

More soon.

Mark Carpenter
General Manager
Web Strategy and Operations
www.aarp.org
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld (www.BlackBerry.net)

No comments: