Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Been busy moving computers around in the house and buying stuff at Home Depot. The floor in the basement is almost done and then the contractors will start working on the bathroom and lighting so I needed to take a couple trips to Home Depot to get stuff. The boys like the trip out after Blanca leaves but they are hard to keep in one place after 6pm. It doesn't make shopping all that easy.

I'm also getting a new Dell in the next couple days. This machine will have 1 gig of ram and 500 gigabyte hard drive on it with a ton of other good stuff. It will serve as my primary media PC on my home network and be hooked up to the HD tv in the basement. I'll be able to view my over 10,000 photos, 25 hours of video and listen to my 7000 songs all from a comfy chair with a remote control. Not to mention all the rich content coming out on the web these days.

I've moved the basement Dell (third newest after Nicole's new laptop and the newest) to the family room and am reconfiguring the old family room Dell to be the kids computer. This is the oldest of the bunch but will serve nicely as a kids machine and archieve with it's 220 gigs of hard disk. If you add my work laptop, a 60 gig remote hard disk, two ipods and an archos media player, this house now has over a terabyte of hard disk space. The first computer I bought in 1993 had 4 megs of ram and a 500 megabyte hard drive. My disk space has grown 2000% in 12 years. Who knows what I'll need in 2010.

Enough geek for today.

No comments: