Friday, February 10, 2012

Twin Speak

Sam was home with me again today with a fever, a little fever at this point but enough for the school to call me and ask to come get him like they did on Thursday.  I don't know what he had but it was pretty much a headache and a 100.5 temp, maybe 101.  I just worked and he watched movies.  We went out for lunch and when we came back we were talking while we walked up to the side door and Sam started talking about the fun he had about 6 months ago when we took about 30-40 old beers that were in the basement and emptied them over the rail of the deck so that we could recycle the cans and bottles.  I usually consider that alcohol abuse but they were really old cans and bottles of beer.  I thought it was odd that memory came to him since it had nothing to do with anything we were doing today.

Anyway, I left Sam at home and ran out to get Dylan at school and on the car ride home, Dylan started talking about the fun we had emptying the beer over the rail of the deck.  Isn't it odd that out of the blue with no reason they both decided to talk about something that happened 6 months and I barely remember.  Both boys remembered on the same day and found it important enough discuss a few hours apart.  They hadn't talked since breakfast and they didn't talk about that so how they both came to that memory is beyond me.  Do they somehow share some connections that most people will never understand or is it random chance?  Who knows but I'm going to keep my ears open for more stuff like that.  I like listening to them anyway.

No comments: