Saturday, September 17, 2011

First Fall Fire


Yes, I did it.  A fire in mid September her in the Mid Atlantic.  It's almost a full month earlier than last year but hey, the high was 62 today and it's heading back down to 50 degrees tonight.  I say bring on the flames.  Of course I have some windows open but I will close them as the night goes on.  It just feels good to feel the heat, hear the crackle and smell the burning wood.  

The boys had a good scrimmage in flag football today.  Sam was 3-6 in throwing at QB and Dylan had a rushing TD.  We have a super fast kid on our team this year, Max who will score a bunch so the days of Sam and Dylan scoring all the points like last year are over.  They are however the most driven defensive players on the field.  They go full speed on every play and often end up with the flag whether the play went at them or the other direction.  They ran down a bunch of end arounds on the opposite side of the field and each had a couple sacks.  My coaching is pretty limited but I do provide words of support to the kids and help them learn from what they are doing well and not so well.  

Time to sit and watch the flames.  

No comments: