Friday, September 30, 2011

End of September

The best months of the year start tomorrow with a big ol cold front coming thru and chilling things down quite a bit.  The boys have a football game nice and early and we spent this afternoon practicing all the plays they need to run in the morning.  I'm hoping we have a good game and a lot of fun. Coach Cory and I got a nice note from one of the kids parents saying how much fun the boys seems to be having this year and how much better Cory and I, and the parents of the Colts have been behaving over past coaches on teams he was on the last couple years.  It was really a nice compliment and it reinforces what Cory and I talked about before the season began.  We are in it to help the kids learn football and have a good time.  Wins were secondary.  Fortune has it, that we have some really talented kids on the team and wins will probably come but I'm not going to get greedy.  (I swear I will not get greedy)  It may be hard if we start losing a few since I'm a pretty competitive individual but I just have to keep reminding myself, this is about the kids, not me.  My glory days in sports are over.  My new glory needs to be happy kids that are learning how to play football as a team.

No comments: