Saturday, February 05, 2011

Rockin 7-0



Busy day today with the big dance showcase at 11am and then at late basketball game against the Wolfpack. The dance showcase was fun and guess what, all 17 squads got a trophy. They were all winners and some of them were pretty entertaining. The theme was dance through the last 100 years. 20's, 50's, 70's etc.. The boys squad did the 90's with the Back Street Boys Bye, Bye, Bye..

I was happy when it was over but the boys had a great time. Now the basketball game was tense. The Wolfpack was 4-2 and the only team in the league we had not beaten. They played smothering defense and had a great outside shooter. The little Blue Devils were definitely more alive this week and played great defense but the baskets were not falling. Lots of good shots from Dylan, Sam, Sam K., Sophia and Dalton but they were just not going down. Sam ended up with 11, Dylan, Sophia and Dalton had 2 a piece. This will be a tough team to beat if we see them in the playoffs. Fortunately, my coaching days are over for a while. Jasper and I filled in for coach Lance the last couple weeks but he is back next week and truth be told, he is a much better coach than I am. Jasper is good but Lance is a pretty intense guy and kids listen to him more than Jasper and I.

I've always been a competitive guy, I can't seem to help myself but I was happy I was able to keep it under control. It's a kids game and I've seen some parents completely lose their cool. My heart pounds, I sweat and yell a little but I didn't get negative and that's what I have to keep teaching the boys. They are competitive like me but so far, are not mean about it and that's the key. They are good little atheletes and this heavy dose of winning is fun but it won't last forever, they will lose again at something and being prepared for that is important too.

No comments: