Thursday, February 24, 2011

Co Pay

So, Sam is sick today and Nicole is out of town so I've taken him to the doctors office. Not my favorite thing to do but does remind me how ridiculous these places can be. In fact, before we left I got a call from one of my doctors about a past due amount of co pay of $5. Yes, it cost more to call me and ask about it than just letting me know the next time I came in. Not to mention the 2 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Sam's doctor also wanted $5 from a previous visit when we got here. Now, we have had the same insurance and co pay amounts for at least two years now. It says it right on the card I hand them. Why can they not seem to do the simple thing and charge us consistently. In fact, sams file says the co pay is $20 while it has clearly been $25 for years. Yet she looked at me as if I was a criminal for their lack of ability to do basic book keeping. I crossed out the $20 and wrote $25. She looked annoyed. Will health reform fix this?

Btw, sam has pink eye.

No comments: