Thursday, May 14, 2009

America's Next Top Model

So I was checking out what bands were going to play at the next Alexandria Waterfront Festival and noticed something kind of surprising on their site. http://www.waterfrontfestival.org

Yes, it's a picture I took of Sam sucking on a big foot shaped ice cream bar from 2006. Now, most people send me a message on flickr saying how much they like the pictures I've taken of some event and ask if it's ok to use them before putting them out there on a site. I've gotten requests from a couple National Parks, a hotel in Tucson, a travel guide and the Scottish walk people and I have always said go ahead, enjoy and since I'm not a professional photographer, I just like that people want to use them. These designers just searched flickr for photo's tagged with the event and found one they liked and didn't bother to stroke my ego and ask permission.

That said, I'm very happy they used it. Sam is a good looking kid and I got him in mid lick in that shot. Good stuff. Maybe I'll get a free beer coupon if the organizers read this post since I'm sure they have alerts set up to see anything published about the event I spelled out above. Hey, I'll bring my good camera this year and get some shots for next years site and they are all yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

anything for a free beer --eh?