Sunday, February 08, 2009

Hidden Pond Hike



We got up and had breakfast at iHop and then went a short distance to a little nature preserve about 6 miles away for a quick 2 mile hike. It's in the high 60's today and the sun is brilliant. We took a trail down by a stream and at one point decided to cross it by climbing up a tree that had fallen over it and then I dropped the boys on a sand bar. It was pretty tricky but it was a good exercise in create problem solving.

Hidden Pond park also has a nature center with a whole load of snakes, turtles and frogs. The Ranger Ricks got a couple snake out for the boys to touch but I kept my distance. Not real fond of the snakes. Per usual, I took a bunch of photos that I will post later. I need a nap now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never quite get the iHop first then hike sequence. Seems like it'd be hard to hike on all those carbs!

Homerclees said...

The kids love ihop and who am I to deny them? They are actually more excited about the hike if we include ihop.