Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Have Something to Tell You

That's what Sam said yesterday right before he fell asleep from the anaesthetic being administered before his hour and a half MRI. He woke up pretty groggy but was back to himself in a couple hours.

The bad news is that the MRI confirmed the Bone Scan results showing some sort of a lesion on or in his left tibia. Needless to say, it's not suppose to be there and we are on the path to getting it looked at and biopsied by an Orthopedic Oncologist. This all started with a simple limp and a complaint of pain by Sam. We were hoping that it was growing pains or even a fracture since he does play rough with his brother but after the x-ray, bone scan and MRI it appears to be something more complicated.

Whether it's an infection, or a tumor of some sort he's in for a bunch more time in hospitals and around doctors. Nicole and I are fairly freaked out about the whole thing and Sam and Dylan know that something is not quite right. We are all doing fine and have great support from friends and family.

I wasn't sure I could write about this and it has been kind of hard. We don't know everything yet but we are hoping for the best and have people looking for solutions on both coasts. I guess I will try to keep this blog updated with what we know when I have the energy to write. Maybe writing about this experience will be thereputic for me and provide interested readers with some useful information. That might be good.

Keep you fingers crossed for Sammy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys.
-David

Anonymous said...

Ditto with what David said.

I actually had a dream that Joseph and I were babysitting Sam & Dylan the other night. We had eaten all the ice cream and all four of us got a stern lecture later from Nicole on the price of Breyers ice cream.

Again let me know if I can be of any help.

- John

monitron said...

I wish you guys the absolute best...
I don't imagine I can help in any way but please let me know if I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

I also wish you guys all the best. Your kids are awesome and so are you and Nicole.

Please also let me know if you need help with anything. I'm not far away and will be around most of the time for the next couple of weeks.

Chris

Anonymous said...

thanks for keeping us up dated on what's happening. the blog might help keep your phone from ringing off the wall with calls from all of us who are thinking about y'all. We were thinking of you this morning at your doctors meeting.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Mark and Nicole, My thoughts are with you and Sam. When most people get news like this, their imaginations go wild and they plunge into depths of fear of everything imaginable. But hang onto the thought that most of what we imagine never comes true. Medicine works miracles, especially for little boys like Sam. As everyone else has said, "If there's anything I can do...." Joan

Kitten Herder said...

Let me know if there's anything I can do from the greater Boston area. This must be horrible for you guys. Huge hugs!

- Robin