Monday, September 18, 2006

The Summer of George ending

Yes, you heard me correctly, I officially have 4 days left of the Summer of George. For those of you who didn’t understand the Summer of George concept, it’s from Seinfeld. George got laid off from the Yankees and had a whole summer to do whatever he wanted, like take up Frisbee golf. I didn’t do that but I did enjoy myself and got a lot done.

I’m starting a new job at the American Institute of Architects next Monday. My role is going to be the General Manager of eKnowledge. It’s a new venture for AIA www.aia.org and involves the development of a set of online tools and resources for the Architect members of the organization. It looks to be a really exciting opportunity and I’m eager to get started. They are located right downtown, across the street from the Corcoran Gallery and a block from the White House. Nice building, as you might expect (Architects) and the people I’ve met so far have been great.

It will be good to get back to work and this is another opportunity to build something new and learn about a new organization and field of work. AIA is in the middle of all the green building activity and I think that is pretty cool. I’ll post some pictures of the building and other stuff when I start next week. Stay tuned.

No comments: