Friday, August 19, 2016

Subtle Shift

The boys have been at camp all week and Nicole picked them up while I was on the train to Philly. I talked to them when they got in the car to head home and they told me a little about the week, including their desire to go back there for 2-3 weeks next year. I have not seen them much this month and I won't be home for a few more days to hang with them which is hard.

I will miss them terribly if they do camp for two or three weeks next year but it's a noticeable independence trend that is inevitable. They are finding freedom in doing things independently which is what we are trying to help them learn as they grow older. It struck me as I watched the clouds go by the window on the train that they've made a little more progress toward an independent life. I'm happy and frightened at the same time.

Sent from my iPad

No comments: