Friday, May 09, 2014

Shine a Light

The boys play ball under the lights now. You can see the moon in the upper right of this shot. We have an early game tomorrow so no lights necessary.

Speaking of shining a light, I spent some time with the doctor that will likely replace my knee this fall looking at my X-ray yesterday. (Get it, light behind the xray). Anyway, I'm looking at getting this thing taken care of after the summer. It's just gotten to painful and is starting to limit my ability to climb stairs. That's not good. I think the last straw was the climbing of Mt. Vesuvius. It hurt quite a bit walking up but damn near killed me going down. I need to be able to hike, tour and wander with the boys and it's getting really difficult. I'm scared to death of the surgery and the months of recovery but I don't have any other options at this point.

I'm turning 50 this year and I'm getting an artificial joint. I think it was Mick Jagger who said, "what drag it is getting old".

No comments: