Friday, August 26, 2011

Got the Power


I've never actually needed this thing but it is set up in the screened porch and ready to go if needed. I have the power cord running out on the deck, down under it then in the bathroom window under the deck. It will power the sump pumps if we have a lot of rain and the freezer and fridge in the basement plus I guess a couple other things. I'm hoping I don't need it but you never know.

The storm looks to be staying east of us by a 150 miles but we will still probably get some tropical storm winds of about 40mph with some gusts that could go to 60mph. Rain only looks to be 3-5 but the sump pumps will probably start working after 3. I postponed my trip to Denver until Sunday at this point. If we weather the storm well, I should be able to get out of town pretty easy. If not, I guess I'll stay here and clean up.




No comments: