Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake, Really?

So as I was peacefully eating lunch and checking out a hurricane that seems to be bearing down on us, when my entire 9th floor office with extremely large windows starts to shake while things start falling off my desk. In DC, your first thought goes to a bomb, and this would have been a big one. I was not expecting an earthquake and I must admit, it freaked me out a bit. I got downstairs in about 3 minutes with everything I needed to head home and jumped in the car to beat the traffic. It's my turn to pick the kids up at camp so I wanted to get a jump on what I'm sure is gridlock at the moment. I'm home now and we just have some things that fell off shelves but otherwise the house seems fine.

This is really the first earthquake I've ever really felt and I'm not a big fan.

No comments: