Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekend Reflections

I'm a self admitted cool weather lover and am looking forward to building that first fire sometime in October or November. I've been obsessing over the empty wood rack next to the shed but know I can't get anyone to deliver wood this time of year. All that said, I have been enjoying this summer weather with the kids quite a bit lately. We washed the cars and played star wars in the yard last weekend. We went to the pool both days and it felt good just floating\splashing around in the cool water on a hot, humid day.

It's been a cooler than usual summer this year but I've felt more able to stand even the hotter days for some reason. I'm more patient with it this year. Maybe age is causing my blood to run thinner or I'm finally, after 18 years, getting used to Washington DC in the summer.

The boys are getting bigger every day and I'm starting to imagine what they will look like when they are teenagers. It will be harder to throw them around in the pool when they weight 150 pounds so I better get my swimming time in while I can. While I will enjoy leaves falling, pumpkin patches, fires and cool early hikes in the woods. I will probably miss the outdoor swimming in the summer heat when it ends.

No comments: