Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back to Work


It was a pretty low key weekend with some errands, haircuts, playgrounds and football. I spent most of last week in New York at the O'Reilly Web 2.0 Conference and got some new insights into things that at coming at me at work. It was a good time but I need to spend some time in the office now.

On top of the good stuff at the conference, I was able to find two tasty restaurants and saw one of my favorite bands at the Mercury Lounge. The place pictured here is Luzzo's Pizza and has the best thin crust pizza in a world. It also has one of the last brick ovens in New York due to regulatory issues and it really makes a great pie. Try it out when you are in the East Village around 13th and 1st.

S'Mac has the best macaroni and cheese on the planet. It's actually right around the corner from Luzzo's on 12th between 1st and 2nd. They have a number of set mac and cheese dishes but I would suggest the make your own. I had them throw in blue and cheddar cheese, bacon and tomato's. It was bad ass and worth a trip to New York on it's own.

I also got to see Oppenheimer at the Mercury Lounge once again. I first saw them last summer in the lower East side with Phil, Terry and Maryann from AIA and then again at Mercury Lounge last Thanksgiving with Nicole. It turns out they played DC on the 16th but I was out of town. Great band and they have a new album out on itunes but I suggest you buy the first one first, it's a little easier to listen to.

No comments: