Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nice Pumpkins

It was another warm October weekend but we managed to pretend it was fall and go to the pumpkin patch. This one was pretty funky and we were the first people in the door at 10:30am this morning. Lots of slides, a haunted house, goats, a spooky forest and colonial village. The boys got extremely dirty and Nicole picked up a couple pumpkins and some mums.

Yesterday was a lot of running around to prepare for next weekend's party. I almost burned the house down. I filled all the tiki torches with fuel and lit them to prepare for next weekend. I ran downstairs for a few minutes and when I came back up, one the torches was fulling engulfed in flames and when I ran out the side door, it had fallen into a pile of cushions and a big straw scare crow we had created a couple weeks ago. Can you say six foot flames? Yes, I had a hose out because I had just sprayed out the screen porch and went at it like Squad 51.

Anyway, we lost a couple cushions and the scarecrow was a little toasty but a disaster was averted. A couple minutes downstairs and we would have been having the Halloween party at a hotel. Good times..

Here's a link to the pumpkin patch photos on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/homerclees/sets/72157602593924275/

Posted by Picasa

No comments: