Monday, October 15, 2007

A Million Things

Nicole and I have been traveling a little this fall and its my turn to be gone for a couple days. The boys don't seem to mind so much now and understand that after a couple days, mom or dad are bound to turn up again. unfortuneatly, its getting harder for me to leave and I almost always want to get back before I get where I'm going.

We had a low key weekend of haircuts, shopping and naps. The boys played too much Nintendo and I was a little sick. Sam and I have a little competition going with the Mario Kart game. We can play against each other with the two Nintendo's networked and I'm teaching him some good trash talk. He's pretty good and actually beats me sometimes but I spank him then let him win now and again as well. He's a competitve little monster.

I also watched a concert in the basement that Dylan set up for us. He pulled together four kids size chairs and placed them in front of two steam engines and two diesel engines and had me and Sam sit and watch the concert. According to him, the steam engines played drums and the diesels played guitars. After a few minutes, Sam wanted to add hot wheels cars to the band and Dylan was most accomidating. He's a compasionate little monster.

The intesity of children at play is amazing and something we should never lose. I need to remember to have fun with what I'm doing and everything else will make sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like your boys are a both a lot like you