Tuesday, October 24, 2006


One of the benefits of my new workplace is the rotating architecture photo exhibits that hang in the hallways. The maintenance guys took down the old exhibit on my floor a week ago and repainted everything to get ready for what went up this weekend. The new exhibit is from AIA Iowa and is called a Century of Architecture in Iowa 1900 - 1999. It has 10 groups of 6 photos for every 10 years in the 20th century. Lots of the photos are from Des Moines but I noticed a few from Souix City that looked familiar. This is the Grandview Park Bandshell and I have some distinct memories of running around the stage when I was a kid. I think my late uncle Tom brought us here a few times way back when and let us run. They also have a photo of the county courthouse in Souix City and a office building constructed in the 30's as well. I'll try to get pictures of those too but as you can see, it's hard to photograph a good shot without getting my own reflection in the mix.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: