Thursday, August 10, 2006

Washington Photo Safari

I finally took the photography class Nicole gave me for our 5th anniversary on Wednesday. It was a perfect day for it with a high in the mid 80's and almost no humidity. Basically, a group of eight of us met in front of the white house and got some basic instructions on taking good pictures and then went off and hit a number of spots near the White House, on the mall and inside Union Station.

The instructor has the same Nikon D70 camera that I have and taught me how to use all those features I didn't understand because I really didn't read the instructions very closely, or at all.. It was a really useful day and will help me get better shots of the boys and scenery during our summer vacation. I plan on taking a lot of pictures.

I didn't get any spectacular shots but thought I would post them anyway. Among the shots is the White House, Andrew Jackson in Lafayette Park, Albert Einstein, the soldiers statue and the Women's memorial at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and Union Station.

It was fun and I may have to take another class or two. Enjoy a taste of DC.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/homerclees/sets/72157594232106216/

3 comments:

Kumie said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/homerclees/211975683/in/set-72157594232106216/
I see you finally got the concept I was trying to explain about you with focusing on a subject and blurring out the background.

Mark said...

I'll look forward to the nature shots. I do like taking pictures of plants for some reason. Oh yeah, Kumie, I invented the focus on face, blur the backround shot. You could learn a lot from me.

Kumie said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79347576@N00/161276689/in/set-72157594156911313/
Freaking guy. I've been doing it long before you.