Wednesday, May 25, 2005

On my way home

I'm on the plane at 6am California time and really tired. The conference was great and I met a bunch good people. Barry Diller was very entertaining and insightful yesterday as he talked about the companies he buys and how he determines value. I think the big theme of the three days was that technology is finally causing big changes in the mainstream media businesses and dis-intemediation is give consumers more options and the traditional media companies heartburn.

Still lots of hurdles to "being digital" to steal negroponte's book title but its getting closer.

I haven't had much luck uploading photos to the blog this week. I think it was a bandwidth issue at the hotel. The Four Seasons is a great property but I have to dig them on the broadband internet issue.

More soon

Mark Carpenter
General Manager and Director
Web Strategy and Operations
www.aarp.org
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld (www.BlackBerry.net)

No comments: