Sunday, October 23, 2016

Flag Goodness

We got back on the winning track again yesterday in Flag Football.  We managed a very convincing victory over the Falcons with the boys showing some excellent situational awareness.  We never trailed in the game but it was close for a while.  We made a few mistakes but managed to learn from them and move on to the next play pretty seamlessly.  Remember, this is mostly the boys calling the plays and organizing the defense during the game. I simply give them advice from sideline based on what I'm seeing from my vantage point.  I've really been trying to help them run their own game this year and make them think critically about what's happening and how to adjust.  I think that will be an advantage as we roll into the playoffs.  The other teams have multiple coaches and are still sending in the plays.  I like our system better and win or lose, my team is being forced to find solutions on their own which will only benefit them as they enter high school.

We lost our 7th straight soccer game.  Sam had a nice goal and they both ran hard but our young and undersized team couldn't keep up.

No comments: