Thursday, November 13, 2014

My Hero

I'm coming up on four weeks since my knee replacement and things are slowly improving and getting back to normal. I still have a rough road ahead to get my leg to a 130 degree bend but I know what I have to do.

I'm not sure I could have made it this far without the undying support of my incredible partner and love of my life. I appreciate the support from from my mom, Linda, Sam, Dylan and the daily supportive texts from my dad as well but Nicole showed me how much she cares about me in to many ways to count.

Sleeping in my hospital room in a chair for two nights, advocating for me with the medical staff, pushing the pain med drip button when I dozed off, making sure I had all my meds and medical equipment, bringing me breakfast in bed, filling my ice machine, messaging my knee, completely rearranging her schedule and providing moral support and water during some tough PT sessions.

All this on top of doing all the kid stuff we used to split on any given week. I truly got lucky when she agreed to marry me 13 years ago and I just want to say thank you for everything. I love you.

No comments: