Friday, October 24, 2014

It's been one week

The knee might actually hurt more a week after surgery than it did last week at this time. I have been shedding the effects of the injected pain blockers all week and have the night sweats and chills to prove it. The oral pain meds continue, as does the continuous motion machine, walking and stretching. Mom left yesterday and she was a huge help getting through a tough week but the boys are starting to pitch in more to help out.

The PT says the amount of stiffness and pain at this point is a little odd but as we talked today we realized that my knee was such a twisted mess for so long, the soft tissue is having a hard time adjusting to the new "straightened" knee joint. She thinks once the swelling goes down, I will start to see significant improvement quickly.

I'm going to miss another boys football game tomorrow which sucks but if I'm lucky, I will catch the playoffs.

No comments: