Tuesday, June 03, 2014

All Star 2014

It happened again, Sam was chosen for the baseball all star team and Dylan came up just a little short. I'm not sure who was hurt more by this but I'm really over the all star team thing at Pioneer baseball. Basically, 4 kids on each team feel great and 7 feel bad.  Sam felt both.  We drove in two cars to the game last night and Sam rode with me on the way home after hearing about the all star selection.  He cried the whole way because he was so disappointed that Dylan wasn't picked and worried how that made him feel.  He's excited but would give it up for his brother.

Dylan is being a trooper but he really loves baseball and was a solid player out there this year.  He hit well, fielded really well and in limited innings, pitched well.  He threw a one run, three strike out inning in last nights game.  He was awarded the game ball but he was obviously disappointed he didn't get the all star nod.  I know the boys read my blog now and I want them to know that I'm proud of both of them and love them very much.  Dylan's a tough kid and will bounce back from this and be an all star in many things in the future.

No comments: