Friday, October 04, 2013

Good knee, bad knee

If anyone is interested in the reason I limp around like an old man, I've posted the X-ray I had done today at my annual knee discussion. You can see the difference between a normal knee to the left (my right knee) and a messed up knee to the right (my left knee) You can also see the two staples that were put there in 1982 to fasten my left quad tendon below the knee to give it lateral support. That worked for a while but running and time have taken their toll.

The plan is to hold out a little longer before replacing that bad boy. It does hurt a lot of the time but the possible complications of replacement and the replacement joints longevity are things to consider as well. I'm going to show this to Dylan and Sam when they get home from school and I bet they won't mention wanting to play tackle football the rest of the year.

No comments: