Sunday, June 23, 2013

Still Sinking In

I want the boys to win championships as much if not more than they do. The bitter taste of defeat is still in my mouth. I know they are young and will have more chances but this is the third championship game in the last 12 months that did not end up in a win. Those boys are exceptional athletes and should feel the thrill of a championship victory. They have won 35 and lost 5 baseball and football games in the last twelve months and been to three championship games. Come on man, we needed a small break in each game and they didn't get it.

They take the losses better than me. On a positive note, a mother of one of the kids on our team told me she was impressed with my ability to stay so calm during the games while chatting at a party last night. I told her I just shoved it down and that I was a ticking time bomb of repressed emotion. Just like all Minnesotans, right? She's actually from Minnesota too, she understood.

Glad I got that off my chest. Tick, tick, tick.....

No comments: