Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gopher Boys


A friend of Nicole's sent us a box of Gopher gear from the Insight Bowl game they played on New Years Eve. I actually don't know if they won or lost the game but the gear is cool. I got a couple shirts out of the deal as well. We need something to counter act all the Cal gear that ends up on our bodies sent from Uncle Adam and Grandma.

Speaking of Grandma gifts, the boys have been using their New York City Subway map place mats for a few weeks now and tonight at dinner, I decided to test their navigation skills. I asked them how they would get from Adam's house in the East Village to LaGuardia Airport by subway. Dylan piped up right away and pointed at the map, saying I would take the 6 train from Astor Place to Grand Central and transfer to the 7 out to Flushing and take a cab from there. He was actually spot on, except he could also take a bus from the end of that line. I was pretty amazed and ready to put him on a plane to NYC and tell him to find his way to see Adam and Emmy. Nicole vetoed that idea.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: