Friday, December 11, 2009

National Yule Log

Driving in to work this week like usual, brings me past Presidents Park, which is right behind the White house. This is the home of the vary large and gaudy National Christmas Tree and the yes, you guessed it, the National Yule Log. It's really just a big fire pit with some rather large logs burning 24x7 for most of December that the Park Service added to the National Christmas Tree area in Presidents Park in the recent past. The problem I'm having is that when I get to that spot on 15th street where I get a big whiff of the burning wood, I want to turn around and light a fire in my fireplace instead of continuing on to work.

It's pretty cold in these parts today and I will head home in a few hour and get that fireplace blazing. I wonder if I can get one installed in my office?

No comments: