Sunday, October 11, 2009

7 Mile Hike

We all took our new hiking shoes out for a 7 mile jaunt today at the Cedarville Forest State Park in Brandywine Maryland. It was the longest hike we've done and while the boys had energy to spare at the end, my knee was singing at me quite a bit. I really need to get that thing replaced. It was a perfect day for a walk in the deep woods and this trail is extremely well marked and we barely saw anyone in the three hours it took to complete the loop. The only downside was that it was shared with horses and you had to watch your step at times. I took a bunch of pictures and posted them to flickr and also captured a bunch of video with my new little video camera. I'll edit that footage one of these days and post it, maybe.

We picked up some pumpkins at a farm market in Southern Maryland after the hike, then came home and iced my knee. To top off a perfect hike, the Vikings won and the Redskins lost. What else could I ask for?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/homerclees/sets/72157622440444535/
Posted by Picasa

No comments: