Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Feeling Better

While I still have a cough and don't feel a 100%, I'm definitely feeling better. Whatever I had was some heavy duty illness that I hope I don't get again. Nicole still has some symptoms and is hitting the doctor on Friday to see what it is. Work has been heating up again after the typical holiday break from serious business.

A couple more days and we have a nice mid-January 4 day weekend to look forward too thanks to MLK and our Presidential election system. Don't have a lot of plans for the weekend except to avoid the district like the plague. All the bridges from Virginia to the District will be shut down on Inauguration day anyway, first time since Lincoln tried to keep Lee out of the District in 1861. Makes me feel real welcome to the party, not that I ever had a desire to attend in the first place. I'll be happy when Government gets back to the same old same old. Just instead of Cheney's motorcade getting in the way of my commute to work, it will be Bidens. I guess that will be a little easier to swallow.

I am going to see Metallica at the Verizon Center tomorrow with Modean, Donkey and Jr. That is an event worth braving the bridges and metro to attend.

No comments: