Sunday, August 03, 2008

Basement of Rock

Nicole and I un-packed the gifts Uncle Adam sent the kids and set them up in the basement last night. The drums being as loud as they are I believe that's where they will stay. I gave the boys the whole story that a Counting Crows truck backed up in the driveway last night and the roadies brought the equipment in, etc. They were pretty excited to see it and immediately started making a lot of noise.

We will bring them to Hershey with us this week but I don't know how the drums are going to work on stage with the band during Hangin Around. I'm sure they will be inaudible to the crowd but they may be a little distracting to the band on stage. It's surprisingly quiet on stage in a big arena with all the sound being projected out to the audience and the band all having individual monitors. We might have to find quiet drumsticks. Maybe Jim has some.

I posted a 160 pictures from the recent trip to Grandview Lodge in flickr this morning. Some pretty good shots of the kids in this batch. I actually used all three lenses I have for my D70 and a couple different filters. I case you missed the link above, here it is again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/homerclees/sets/72157606510779799/
Posted by Picasa

No comments: